As of 4/22/14 you can update the Powercap on a Mac with PowerAgent 7.7.5
Video instructions are available HERE.
- Spin the wheel/axle a couple times with the Powercap still on to "wake up" the Powercap
- Take Powercap off by removing the triangular nut and pulling Powercap straight off (do NOT twist)
- Remove the CR2032 battery from the Powercap
- Plug the Powercap without the battery into your computer using a micro USB cable
- Open PowerAgent
- Navigate to Tools > Firmware > Check for Firmware Update
- Click OK to begin the firmware update
- Firmware will install. With some new versions of firmware, Window OS will need to “re-find” the attached PowerCap. Let it run to completion.
- When PowerAgent says the update was successful, click OK and unplug Powercap
- Wait 10 seconds, plug battery back into the Powercap
- Install PowerCap back on PowerTap hub